A different post to the usual, however, today I woke up to realise I had been nominated for ‘The Liebster Blogger Award’! Which I am still in (pleasant) shock about! I was nominated by the ever so kind Remy (remyives.com), who’s blog you must go check out, she gives some amazing reviews. Thank you so much again lovely!
What is The Liebster Blogger Award?
For those not familiar with the Liebster Award, bloggers nominate other bloggers who are relatively new and trying to establish their blogs. You get asked a series of questions and basically nominate others to do the same! It’s a fun and interactive way of not only promoting each of us smaller bloggers, but finding other blogs you really enjoy reading, that you may have not seen before this award. So let’s get started!
What are the rules of the Liebster Blogger Award?
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, whether in the dedicated blog post or as a ‘widget/gadget’.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself (totally optional).
- Answer the eleven questions your nominee has specifically chosen for you.
- Nominate up to 5 or 11 other small blogs with less than 3000 followers.
- Create 11 of your own unique questions for your chosen nominees.
- Let your nominees know your blog post is up and they have been nominated!
Here are my answers to Remy’s 11 questions
1. How long did you wait between wanting to start a blog and actually starting one, and what made you finally take the leap?
There was no waiting for me! As soon as I had my theme and domain name set up, I started my blog straight away. I guess I’ve always loved writing and reading, growing up I was always into fashion and makeup too. I read others blogs for a while before mine and I was so inspired by them. I wanted to put my own content and unique ideas out there for others to see, so that’s what made me take the leap!
2. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas are absolutely my two favourites! If I had to pick one however, it would be Christmas every time. OOOOH. I’m getting excited just thinking of all the festivities!
3. If you could only use one brand of makeup for the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?
Oh damn, well this is harder than you think. There are so, so many but my main three competitors here are; Too Faced, Bare Minerals and Charlotte Tilbury… gotta be my girl Charlotte Tilbury for me, hooks me up everytime!
4. Where have you travelled and where would you like to go?
I have travelled quite a lot, especially when I was younger, I’ve been to; New Zealand, Orlando Florida, Spain, Tenerife, Gambia Africa (voluntary), Egypt, Paris and Amsterdam! I have an upcoming post where I’ll be talking all about my travel aspirations, so keep posted!
5. Which icon from the past do you look up to and why?
I get all my inspiration from the 1950’s; Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Doris Day, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Jayne Mansfield, Sophia Loren. Oh there is just so many. I’d have to say my main icon I look up to from the past would have to be Audrey Hepburn, I loved everything about that women, her elegance, poise, films, fashion sense, hair, makeup and let’s not forget her outstanding work for the charity UNICEF as a Goodwill Ambassador. Such a classy lady!
6. Do you speak any languages other than English? If so, which ones?
Unfortunately I do not. Language classes were never my forte at school. I would absolutely love to learn now, however. Italian, French, Spanish and German are languages I’d love to be fluent in.
7. Who is your favorite female musician, male musician, and band?
This is quite difficult for me as I love a whole variety of music, but to narrow it down and answer the question I’d say; Favourite female musician – Amy Winehouse / Lana Del Rey . Favourite male musician – Elvis / Ed Sheeran. Favourite band – Earth, Wind & Fire / The Stone Roses! A variety of mixed combinations there, I know.
8. If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?
Italian, always! There isn’t one thing I don’t love! It’s my first choice when choosing a restaurant and you can’t beat an Italian pizza, infact I would quite happily eat pizza for the rest of my days. Ugh and bruschetta, my favourite.
9. Dresses or jeans?
I would love to say dresses, but I live in the UK. Where it rains. Constantly. So a comfy pair of jeans it is!
10. What is one fun fact about you that you haven’t shared on your blog?
When I was little, I was so obsessed with mermaids as I used to religiously watch ‘H20, Just add water’. All throughout primary school, I’d pretend that whenever I touched water I’d turn into a mermaid. I even took it so seriously, that I’d run out of class and lock myself in the toilet and not come out until ‘my tail was dry’. We all go through phases, okay?! I still secretly think they exist…
11. What are some of your #lifegoals?
To travel and see cultures/meet people, to become a successful Blogger, to maybe write my own book one day, to live in a cute little cottage or a homey apartment and the most important #lifegoals – to be happy with my life and all the people within it.
Bloggers I Nominate
Congrats to all you lovely ladies, I love reading all your blogs!
My 11 Questions To You
- What made you start your blog?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in regards to the blogging/vlogging world?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What one makeup item can you not live without?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- What are your top 3 movies of ALL time?
- What makes you smile more than anything?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What was your first job? Did you love it or hate it?
- What is your favourite hobby? (besides blogging)
Thanks for reading! For my readers, I hope this post has allowed you to get to know me a bit better! Please check out everyone else’s blogs mentioned, I’m sure you’ll love them just as much as I do. Thank you again to Remy for the nomination, this was such a fun thing to do!