So after a break from blogging (apologies, but there’s no getting rid of me now) I thought I’d break back into it by filling you guys in on what life has consisted of recently; through some photos.
- In England we’ve been lucky enough to have a few days with a rare spot of sunshine. At the weekend I had a lovely BBQ with my partner, friends and his family. It was lovely! And so was the sweet chilli chicken…
- I went shopping and picked up the not-so-new Jojo Moyes ‘Me After You’ book, I’m not sure what to think of it just yet. Zara sales were also screaming my name! I’ve also fallen in love with Tanya Burr’s new ‘Soft Luxe’ matte lip cream in ‘Puppy Paws’, which is the perfect shade of pink. These black boots were only £15 from Primark too! So. many. bargains.
- Me and my friend went for drinks in Manchester’s Northern Quarter and we had such a laugh while finding so many quirky bars. This one is called Walrus and they do the best cocktails ever! The interior is pretty unique too. I loved the little fish tank in the middle.
- I baked some chocolate and caramel cupcakes, with my own buttercream icing on the top too! Still not quite mastered the art of piping yet, but I’ll get there eventually…
- How cute are these little ballet shoes? I bought them of ASOS recently as they’d been in my saved items since forever. I love the lace up details and of course… they’re pink.
- Me and my mum went on a girly trip to the Trafford Centre to pick up some new clothes and these pies just looked too good. Mmmmm. Savoury. *just takes a picture instead*
- I’ve been in desperate need of a new bag because mine was a tatty old thing, I found this little Jasper Conran bag in the sale at Debenhams and I couldn’t resist it. It’s the perfect size and colour for my everyday needs.
- OK I just needed to talk about these little digestive nibbles. SERIOUSLY. If you haven’t tried them yet, please please do! Ugh. The little chocolaty balls just melt in your mouth and before you know it, poof, they’re all gone. I’m addicted, send help!
- This was one of my favourite evenings this month. The sun was burning hot, I was in such a good mood and I was walking the dog around my favourite place. I love those kind of nights!
- Me and my mum went to watch The Hobbit in Williamson Park, as it was adapted into an outdoor play. It was so fantastic. We took our own chairs and food and had such a good time moving round the park to different scenes, my favourite was at the end where we were surrounded by little fairy lights and lots of lanterns. It felt so magical and cute. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun day out doing something different.
- The Butterfly House in Lancaster is so lovely! Lancaster is one of my favourite places for its history and cute little town shops.
- Jack took me on a date (so romantic, aren’t we) to ‘The Alchemist’ in Manchester, it was so lovely. I ordered the chicken in a basket and Jack went for the steak with sweet potato fries. It was absolutely delicious and the interior of the restaurant / bar was so pretty, with hanging lights and comfy booths to sit in. The cocktails even looked like a science experiment!
So that’s pretty much it! Thank you for still reading my blog, I’ve got a lot of exciting ideas and so many reviews / lifestyle posts to get up. I can’t wait for you to see. If you want to keep up to date I regularly post on my Instagram, you can find me at @nadiasbarker.