It’s September which yes, basically means we are in Autumn now. Oh, what’s that? The tree’s are still green? Yeah well… If I had it my way, it’d be Autumn every. damn. day. So now, prepare yourself to be bombarded with any post I can, no matter how insignificant, relate to Autumn in some way. You know, because I’m slightly obsessed like that. Also, how many times is it acceptable to say Autumn in a post? Let’s continue shall we…
In a bid to be humorous and honest, here are 15 things that I, and I am sure most of you girls, will agree with me on doing / thinking when it comes to this particular season. Or even you guys, no sexism here. Nope. No controversy here.
- I absolutely have to Instagram every single festive or Autumnal drink that I indulge in. Sorry not sorry. Pumpkin and Chai Latte’s will be the death of me from now on… (and probably the reason you will quickly unfollow me) …
- Leg hair, be free my friend! No one’s seeing these bad boys till Spring now. I will perhaps consider shaving when they start to resemble a Gorilla’s back.
- That’s right ladies, it’s jumper season! Now I can hide that non existent Summer bod more than ever and take it to the full-fat-winter-mode. No one will ever know.
- We can finally put to use that Halloween costume we’ve been planning all year. Don’t even pretend this isn’t you. Yes it’s probably going to be a sexy cat again.
- Everyday will be a battle between those modern, hot and trendy Autumn fashion looks or an oversized jumper, ugg boots and a comfy Autumn fashion look. Comfort wins everytime.
- Defrosting your car every single day becomes the bane of your life. Get that kettle boiling.
- Experiencing a strange desire to buy anything cute, burgundy, pumpkin shaped, tartan, copper or fluffy for no reason.
- Prepare ourselves by slathering on the vaseline in a bid to fight away those unattractive, gross and crusty lips.
- Tights and socks become our best friends. Until you realise said tights are covered in holes from last year.
- TV programmes start getting good again. I’m a celebrity… GOODBYE ANY FORM OF SOCIAL LIFE.
- The winter coat struggle. You find the perfect one, then you see another girl in the best damn winter coat you ever did see, which looks nothing like yours. *Re-evaluates all previous life choices*
- Buying as many Autumn relevant candles (gingerbread and cinnamon, duh) as you can while taking pictures because #basicwhitegirlproblems.
- Panic because Christmas is looming in and you work in retail. The occasional splurges of excitement too.
- Hunting down that perfect fall ‘deep-berry’ shade. Suggestions welcome.
- Watching every single YouTuber do the same ‘A/W Makeup Look’ because as predictable as they are we still love them.
Leave your Autumn quirks in the comments!