So after watching the third and all new installment to Bridget Jones; Bridget Jones Baby, I came away not only feeling overwhelmingly happy, but it left me feeling as though, in some ways more than other, we can all relate to the beloved Bridget. Don’t worry, I won’t give any spoilers away on the new film…
- We all get *sometimes* drunk, on our own, with a takeaway, in our pyjamas.
- You begin the year with sheer optimism that you are going to get fit, be a better person and sort your priorities out. (there is a 30% chance of this happening)
- We all own a pair of embarrassingly big knickers. Yep.
- Cooking always seems to go horrendously wrong in one way or another. (perhaps not AS wrong as blue soup, poor Bridg)
- We’ve all encountered a lying, cheating arse at some point in our lives.
- We then get over the above said lying, cheating arse and realise we can do way, way better.
- You are never entirely sure how to handle professional situations and turn into a fumbling, blabbing… well, idiot.
- You can always count on your friends because they are just as crazy as you.
- Vocalising your thoughts comes perhaps too naturally to you.
- Bridget always stays poised, but takes no crap.
- She doesn’t care what people think of her. Even when she turns up to a party with a face full of blusher.
- We all have a crazy relative, especially your mother, but they always have our best interests at heart.
- There will always be someone out there, who likes you just the way you are.
So there you have it! If I could be compared to any fictional character, I’m pretty sure Bridget would be up there at the top. There is so many ways we can all relate! I hope you enjoyed this post my lovelies and definitely be sure to watch the new film, it’s so worth it.